The Semillero of Epigenetics and lung cancer began work in September 2014 and is led by Dr. Adriana Rojas and Dr.Alejandra Cañas. This group's main function is to encourage students to take an interest in research. Specifically in the area related to epigenetics and lung cancer.
Today the nursery has 21 students of doctorate, masters and undergraduate in areas related to medicine and biological sciences.
The Research Semester performs two activities:
Discussions of scientific articles every 15 days: hours Monday 1-2 p.m
Execution of research proposals funded by the Vice-Rector of Research of the PUJ and the HUSI.
Projects financed by PUJ de Semilleros:
- ID6412 Epigenetics and lung cancer.2014.
- ID6847 Epigenetics and lung cancer. Genetic characterization of molecular markers.2015.
- ID7566 Epigenetics and lung cancer. Transition mesenchyme epithelium in adenocarcinoma. 2016
- ID7711 Epigenetic seedling and lung cancer. Sarcoma Ewing. 2017 Projects financed by HUSI:
- ID7599 Genetic characterization of patients with Ewing's Sarcoma. 2016
The execution of the previously proposed activities has allowed the seedbed to attend Research Congresses nationally and internationally.
Additionally, the seedbed also has activities related to the publication of scientific articles.
Review article: Mesenchymal epithelial transition: from the molecular to the physiological. Medical Universitas. Vol. 58, No. 4 (2017). Daniela Troncoso, Ithzayana Madariaga Perpignan, Sergio Andrés Aldana Mancera, Angélica María Herreño Pachón, Viviana Paola Chaparro Ramírez, Mónica Lorena Molina Camargo, Laura Rey Vargas, Andrea Carolina Ramírez Rodríguez, Christian Fernando Montoya Estupiñan, Andrea Valderrama Álvarez, Alejandra Cañas Arboleda, Adriana Patricia Rojas Moreno.
Original article: Epigenetic control of EWS-FLI1 in Ewings Sarcome. Article in preparation.